'The Web was invented by the British but exported to the US...We don't want that to happen again.'

Mark Jones jones118 at lineone.net
Mon May 22 09:25:25 PDT 2000

If there's a limit on postings here i'm no doubt over it, sorry, but in fact what I was thinking of was that the WWW protocols were designed by an Englishman, whose name I've forgotten anyway but whose great contribution has been to make of the Web a sort of global IT commons (imagine if Bill had designed it). It is to this chap that we all owe so much, and of course to the English public school system which doubtless shaped him. But I'm happy to see that actually we invented the whole damn thing anyway, nuts and bolts and all. Hmmm.

Mark Jones http://www.egroups.com/group/CrashList