Labor Boycotts MCI Fundraising Bash (Re: UAW prez slams Goreo nChina PNTR

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Wed May 24 12:50:44 PDT 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

> But where we won on fast-track, we are going to lose on the PNTR vote. It
> is not the only difference, but the significant left-liberal defense of
> PNTR for China has given ideological cover for a number of previously
> "fair trade" Dems to cross over on this vote.

So what's the advantage of perpetuating an annual Congressional debate about China MFN whose outcome will always be a foregone conclusion? And why do you think that debate won't always be dominated by the nuke-China right-wing?

Seth