China

Thu May 25 11:24:43 PDT 2000

>Brad De Long wrote:
>
>>Minimum wage? Unified child credit? Cheap AIDS drugs for Africa and
>>South Asia? Expanded foreign aid budget to fund technology
>>transfer? More student loan money?
>
>Screw the loans, free tuition! But otherwise, I'm with you (and tech
>xfr is one are where U.S. unions are very very bad). Much better to
>focus on a positive agenda than the eternal "No!" to trade deals.
>
>Doug

Yeah. But I remember the meeting at which Berkeley Provost Carol Christ said that she thought it was *unfair* to charge Berkeley Law and Business School students more tuition than Arts and Sciences graduate students because then they had no post-school option other than to go to work for the corporate sector.

I nearly fell out of my chair.

Pleas that income-contingent loans were even fairer fell on deaf ears...

Brad DeLong