seth & defusing korea tensions

Thu May 25 13:06:56 PDT 2000

>delong writes:
>Soviet support for Kim Il Sung-Kim Jong Il regime doesn't count as
>"hegemonism"? Absent the Soviet Union, it seems to me that the
>chances that a regime like that of Kim Jong Il maintaining power in
>North Korea would have been
>zero...
>
>shorrock replies:
>If you bother to read the history, you will see that Soviet forces
>in NK after WW2 worked with and recognized indigenous self-governing
>organizations...

So you think that the Korean people freely chose to be ruled by Kim Il Sung's "megalomaniac totalitarian" regime, and that their choice of regime should be respected?

Do you believe that Soviet forces in eastern Europe after WW2 worked with and recognized indigenous self-governing organizations too?

Brad DeLong