my last word on guns in Amerika

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Wed Nov 1 08:53:13 PST 2000

G'day Jordan,

Very instrumentalist thinking, Jordan. Trains are better to be on, you get to see stuff, neighbours whose gambit is 'and what sign are you' are easier to escape. You use an awful lot of fossil fuels going eight miles up and eight miles down in a plane, too. And trains're consequently better for the atmosphere, too.

And air terminals are ghastly the world over. If you charge a fiver for a cuppa at a rail station, the punters'll get their java outside. At airports, they gotta cough up. And we smokers, having demonstrably made the determination that athletics is not for us, are confronted with that singularly cruel and life-threatening mid-connection twenty-six gate sprint just to get our levels up to another few hours of thumb-sucking agony ...

Anyway, it'll have to be trains soon. The moment of gridlock is coming as air traffic doubles every twenty years ...

Cheers, Rob.