Nader & strategic voting

B. Deutsch ennead at teleport.com
Thu Nov 2 11:17:32 PST 2000

Is this a new policy? I remember four years ago, they were announcing the results of exit polls long before I voted, including the use of the big map with states colored red or blue according to who seemed to be leading.

--BD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at epinet.org> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 02, 2000 9:59 AM Subject: RE: Nader & strategic voting

: Problem is, I believe network policy is to announce no results
: until polls have closed on the West Coast.
:
: mbs
:
:
:
:
: On the local public radio news, a few locals here in Oregon
: have come up with the ultimate strategic vote: wait until
: 7:30 our time on election day to see how the vote's going
: back East. If Oregon's going to make a difference, they'll
: vote Gore; if not, Nader. I understand the rationale
: behind this, but it seems like a sad corruption of the
: democratic process. Color me naive, but why can't people
: just vote for the candidate who best represents their
: interests and political beliefs? Why second guess what
: millions of other people will do?
:
: Miles
: