URGENT - Nader trader

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Fri Nov 3 00:44:54 PST 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Charles Brown wrote:

> .
> --
> Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com>
> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics

> CB: Have you made any bioelectric robots ? The year 2001 is
> approaching, with airport scenes and beyond.

Personally, I see genetic engineering as bring major advantages - like the ability to do tattoos by changing melanin content in localised skin cells, permanent hair colour change, and splicing chlorophyl into skin cells for that extra energy boost. Lets not forget, of course, the possibilities offered by luminescence genes for the rave scene.

Of course, I think we'll only have the scientific knowledge to assess the risks involved in about 50 years from now - though it is difficult to predict exactly. I know in my sub-sub-field of interest (alternate transcripts of genes, and the influence of various DNA structures - e.g. promoter regions and introns - on such) we're only at the starting blocks, discovering stuff which is stunningly interesting all the time.

Science should be fun!

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844