URGENT - Nader trader

Peter van Heusden pvh at egenetics.com
Fri Nov 3 00:47:09 PST 2000

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Chuck0 wrote:

> "W. Kiernan" wrote:
>
> > While you're poking around on line, have a look at http://62.116.31.68,
> > which used to be vote-auction.com until internic pulled the plug on that
> > domain name just yesterday.
>
> You know, I think more and more people are going to get pissed off about
> this, because it's becoming apparent that buying a domain name is simply
> buying a license to publish. What the courts and lawyers are doing is
> the 21st century equivalent of seizing printing presses.

Yes - but unfortunately, most people don't have any experience with these printing presses, and variations on the old 'printing is a font of blasphemy' theme are being used to justify these seizures.

Its really, really scary (as, btw, is that story of how Andres Salamon got raided).

Peter -- Peter van Heusden <pvh at egenetics.com> NOTE: I do not speak for my employer, Electric Genetics "Criticism has torn up the imaginary flowers from the chain not so that man shall wear the unadorned, bleak chain but so that he will shake off the chain and pluck the living flower." - Karl Marx, 1844