Survivor!

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 3 08:08:52 PST 2000

>From: Sam Pawlett <rsp at uniserve.com>
>
> Anyway and seriously, humans are part of nature and part of the same
>ecosystems that all other lifeforms are and are subject to the same
>laws, so why ignore it?

George Monbiot had an interesting quote from Friedrich Engels in his Guardian column yesterday, viz.: "Let us not flatter ourselves for our human victories over nature. For every such victory, it takes its revenge on us. We with flesh, blood and brain belong to nature and exist in its midst." Does anyone know the source and context of that remark?

Carl