Crambe Repetita

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sat Nov 4 21:05:37 PST 2000

At 10:42 PM 11/4/00 -0500, you wrote:

>On Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:09:50 EST LeoCasey at aol.com wrote:
>
> > Well, pardon me, darling, but my underdeveloped political consciousness
> did
> > not make me aware that describing running through the streets in black
> masks
> > and breaking windows as "male adolescent behavior" and "infantile leftism"
> > meant that I was cutting in on your well-defended turf as the arbiter of
> > Feminism and the guardian of the voice of women.
>
>Sigh. I distinctly recall that Kell was fired from that position some time
>ago,
>and without benefits.
>
>ken
>
>"A woman's place is any place she wants it to be." - Agnes MacFail

hell! most feminists don't like me that much!

so, leo, this is the scoop. it's not that you can't speak to, about or for feminism or women. however, i don't care for it when you "appropriate" a feminist claim or cause or whathaveyou in order to get away with saying something that you couldn't otherwise get away with. especially when the topic isn't at all about women or women's concerns but all about you and your dead horse.

invoking the gang bang as your imagery struck me as just that. you thought of one of the most vile things some men have done, the gang bang. then you appealed to the idea that the women in the middle of the circle jerk simply legitimated their homoerotic desires a limp rag doll of being batted around by cocks.

ok. not so bad so far, on a flat-footed reading of your texts.

but the corker was thisL you suggested was the situation of anarchist women. according to you women who are only there for display and, therefore, couldn't possibly have their own agency as anarchists.

and the cherry, syrup, nuts, and whipped cream on top was the ignorance of 1. adolescence 2. women's history in revolutionary social movements and 3. women's roles today and 4. what the heck a black bloc is.

all, of course, while bemoaning the fact that the stupid buoyz just don't appreciate those who came before them

so, i take it you don't have to understand "them" but they have to understand you. and, when one of us, criticizes you for your extremely devious rhetorical tactics you find it is perfectly okay to dismiss us without understanding a word that was typed.

kelley

Occidit miseros crambe repetita magistros: "that cabbage hashed up again and again proves the death of the wretched teachers." --Juvenal, 1st century AD