Crambe Repetita

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Nov 5 06:49:24 PST 2000

At 05:45 AM 11/5/00 +0000, you wrote:

>>invoking the gang bang as your imagery struck me as just that. you thought
>>of one of the most vile things some men have done, the gang bang. then you
>>appealed to the idea that the women in the middle of the circle jerk simply
>>legitimated their homoerotic desires a limp rag doll of being batted around
>>by cocks.
>
>Maybe I was naive, but I thought Leo was using a term for street hoodlums,
>called "gangbangers" here in Chicago and elsewhere. The other reading
>crossed my mind, but I thought it too awful even for Leo, --jks

could be. if so, no biggie. he still did exactly what i accused him of: invoked vile behavior and suggested that, as a truck driver used to say to me when i was a waitress, say not only are you useful but you're decorative too. now, that was kinda funny! coz he meant it sarcastically--it was his way of "thanking" me for doing something special, like putting more whipped cream on his sundae or his way of teasing me when he saw how busy i was!

but what leo is doing is invoking an act --gangbanging--which is associated, predominantly with the activities of young males. we know that women are involved. but, acc to leo, they are just decorative little dupes of patriarchy who know not what they do. and that imagery was invoked to suggest that the SAME situation is taking place among anarchists. women anarchists are just dupes of some sort of "natural" process called "adolescence" which is also a "fact," according to leo.

never mind that the anarchist sympathizers on this list are in their thirties!

feh