Poms watching the Yank election

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sun Nov 5 08:10:13 PST 2000

G'day Observers,

I see the New Labour mob in London have decided Gore's dead meat, and that this is because he abandoned centrism and went too far left - too much that ol' 'populist' (hence, wrong) class warfare stuff, they reckon. A rather self-serving analysis, I'd've thought, but that's not really what has me posting at yez.

Ain't the two contenders within the margin of error right now? And ain't what little momentum there is with Gore right now? Aren't reports of this death somewhat previous? Or do you northerners know something we antipodeans do not?

Cheers, Rob.