words

W. Kiernan WKiernan at concentric.net
Sun Nov 5 10:35:47 PST 2000

James Baird wrote:

> Ok, LBOsters, I think we have our mission: tomorrow,
> drop "imbrication" into casual conversation. Note
> reaction. Report back.

Roofers, second grubbiest t-shirt wearing guys on the site (I'm the grubbiest, having just cross-sectioned a mud ditch by wading it) use "imbricated," pronounced "imbicated," as in "I seen that dumbass Lull guy drove his forks right thu that f*ckin imbicated roof on that f*cker, lucky nobody got killed." Probably architects say it too. Those pricy orange Spanish tiles are real popular on upscale houses here in Florida these days.

Yours WDK - WKiernan at concentric.net