infowar (was: some crap about gunz)

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Nov 6 06:38:22 PST 2000

> but the guy looks to have found a decent correlation,
> corrected for everything you can think of, between
> subscriptions to "Guns & Ammo" and murderous violence.

But it's between two different populations; so is it the water?

What if we correlated the home team's batting average with 8th grade math test scores; is the genius (or stupidity) of our kids _caused_ by Joe Slugger hitting .385? If we take one away, will the other continue?

Or more to the point: if we sell the franchise to another city, does that cinch Johnny getting into Harvard?

/jordan