tergiversation

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 7 11:48:51 PST 2000

Nathan Newman wrote:

>Actually, to engage in a bit of pop psychoanalysis, I assume that with the
>rise of Reagan in the GOP, being a YAFer lost whatever rebellious chic it
>once had and you, being the contrarian you are, had no choice but to become
>a leftwinger :)

Timing, Nathan. I stopped being a rightwinger in 1972. The whole period of mad apostasy lasted from my senior year in H.S. until early in my sophomore year in college. I'd been elected Secretary of the Yale Political Union on the Party of the Right ticket late in my freshman year, but by the time I was serving as secretary, I was already falling away.

Doug