Gore v. Bush; there is a difference

Joanna Sheldon cjs10 at cornell.edu
Tue Nov 7 20:16:10 PST 2000

At 15:33 06-11-00, mbs wrote:

>Clinton et al. thought they could devise their own plan
>and then ram it down Congress' throat. Their naivete
>on this count was awesome.

Or should we rather call it their arrogance. It may be interesting to consider the way the naivete of the Boy from Arkansas and the arrogance of the Boy Who Thought He Could Do Anything come together in our fearsome president. In this context the misuse of cigars in the oval office comes to mind, as well as the bombing of Sudanese aspirin factories. It really is a ghastly blend.

Joanna -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20001108/75ee4097/attachment.htm>