Lonely on LBO

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Nov 8 03:09:29 PST 2000

At 01:45 AM 11/8/00 -0800, you wrote:

>It's 1:23p on the west coast and the vote separation is down to less than a
>thousand in Florida (224 vote lead for Bush). The network anchors are stunned,
>meanwhile the state officials in Florida are facing a manditory re-count.
>
>Man this is close.
>
>Breathless. Meanwhile the popular west coast votes are stacking
>up as a Gore popular lead of fifty thousand. So, we are set up with an
>electorial college going one way and the popular vote the other.
>
>Chuck Grimes

yeeehah! whooop whooop! you couldn't ask for anything better to precipitate a shake up on bothe sides. i hope.

shoulda seen the local anchors - about fell off their seats b/c they couldn't believe it when the networks started calling it. some kind of severe disconnect between what was happening here--snafu counting--and what the networks knew. the absentees that weren't counted are prob. military, mainly. so.

i think it's nuts to think that nader stole any votes. the turn out was so high that any votes nader pulled were obviously registered by the folks drawn to the polls -- they are, as we know, typically democrats. we will know with the exit polls, i guess. but i'll bet ya that gore won't lose b/c of nader, who got a pretty crumby showing.

kelley