Lonely on LBO

Wed Nov 8 06:49:26 PST 2000

For the ethicists, what of the Florida governor's conflict of interest , and the old time dirty politics factor, the ghost of Mayor Daley , dead people voting.

Individuals can't make history , but might speed up or slow down developments :>)

CB

>>> farmelantj at juno.com 11/08/00 09:33AM >>>
On the face if it, I'd say that this is a very good thing because it calls into question the legitimacy of the existing political system in such a direct way. If a full-scale constitutional crisis breaks out as may well happen (if for example the losing campaign decides to challenge the Florida results in court), this will not be something that will be easily swept under the rug or explained away by the pols and media pundits.

Jim Farmelant

------Original Message------ From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at epinet.org> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Sent: November 8, 2000 12:57:18 PM GMT Subject: Re: Lonely on LBO

Putting aside the tilt to Bush and the absurdity of any thought that Nader had any intention of causing this particular, bizarre result, is that a bad thing or a good thing? Aren't we better off without an electoral college?

mbs