Lonely on LBO

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 8 13:07:03 PST 2000

>Putting aside the tilt to Bush and the absurdity of any
>thought that Nader had any intention of causing this
>particular, bizarre result, is that a bad thing or a good
>thing? Aren't we better off without an electoral
>college?
>
>mbs

"Intention" is a tricky thing. Do people lighting up at the gas station have any "intention" of causing a fire? No. But a jury would find them liable for acting like an idiot anyway.

Nader knew that his throwing a close election to Bush was one possible consequence of his campaign. At the very least an "oops" and an apology seem to be in order...

Brad DeLong