Eric the manly

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 8 15:15:40 PST 2000

Carrol wrote:

>Let's not argue or apologize. Let's accept the credit. The left defeated Gore.
>Hurrah! Whatever Nader wants to claim, I think quite a few of his active
>supporters had mostly in mind punishing the Democrats. And they succeeded.
>Doesn't it give you a warm feeling to imagine what the likes of Gitlin &
>Alterman and Steinem are feeling now. Elections aren't very often an occasion
>to be happy, whoever wins them. The only thing better would be if all ten top
>college football teams lost this Saturday.

I agree. Fuck apologizing. The thought of that sawed-off little shit Alterman hopping up and down, wanting to strangle Nader, is too much for words. And I'm sure Steinem rushed directly to a homeless shelter today to comfort those who make up much of her daily life. I've long thought that Steinem was Kathie Lee without the laughs.

Oh, we haven't even begun to hear it from the Gore crowd. As for the top ten teams, yes, let's hope that Oklahoma, Florida State and Miami go down hard. Schadenfreude has its pleasures.

DP