election demographics

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Wed Nov 8 21:01:39 PST 2000

BDL>>I find it kind of interesting that you are denying the possibility of collective action--that *your* decisions are in a very real sense also the decisions of the millions of Americans who think like you do. I sense a profound anomie: a sense that you are completely cut off from the rest of society, and so that your decisions are yours alone, and not part of our collective decision-making process.

******

JN, how could you deny collective action here in the land of solidarity and community and carnival? Don't tell us the last 250 years of mythological individualism and the past 250 of early classical and neoclassical economics has you brainwashed just like us poor dupes. You should be put in solitary confinement to heal yourself of such denial ;>

>>Why do people still have to be reminded of it today?

*******

Exactly. Why did thousands upon thousands take to the streets in the last 18 months to tell those who want us to believe in heroic individualism and know nothing consumerism above all else so we won't be distracted by such petty issues as Democracy and the ownership of the means of production to fuck off.

Ian