Voter Fraud, Warren Christopher etc.

B. Deutsch ennead at teleport.com
Thu Nov 9 08:28:56 PST 2000

The Republicans would do the same. Someone earlier posted a link to http://www.nydailynews.com/2000-11-01/News_and_Views/Beyond_the_City/a-86769.a sp , an article from several days ago about how Bush's campaign was planning to fight the results by subverting electoral college voters if Gore won the electoral college but lost the popular vote.

You think they'd do that, but wouldn't explore the possibility of a lawsuit if the resutls were changed by mistaken votes and a possibly illegal ballot design in a heavily pro-Bush area?

Get real. The two parties are, in this and so many other ways, the same; they'd react the same way. It's a different world now from when Nixon ran. (By the way, a large part of Nixon's calculation, according to an article in the NYT today, was that he wasn't sure he'd win.)

--BD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Cramer" <cramer at unix01.voicenet.com> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2000 6:18 AM Subject: RE: Voter Fraud, Warren Christopher etc.