election demographics

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 12:43:43 PST 2000

And your basis for this interesting proclamation is?

>A movement should have 25% of the vote on its second campaign to be
>healthy. If it has less than 10%, it's dead...
>
>Brad DeLong

In any case I do not claim that our movement is healthy. Or indeed, particularly coherent. It is, however, necessary, or we are left with Brad's iron cage. In any event, Brad still has not responded to the argument that there is no place for the likes of me within his iron cage. Earth to Brad, Earth to Brad, why should I listen to your words of wisdom in any case, if your pals will refuse to welcome me back into to the fold without actually going ALLL the way over to the far right, and spending a good chunk of my life and energy fulminating against people like YOU are dupes of my former self? (Not that I really want in, but if you are looking for an economist's explaantion of why your words of wisdom fall on death ears, apart from the fact that you're wrong, which is not ana economist's explanation.) --jks _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.