exit polls

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Thu Nov 9 12:50:09 PST 2000

Although also fun is the fact that only .39% of voters were Nader voters who had not voted at all in the last election. So Nader apparently failed to bring hardly any new voters to the polls as promised. Gore and Bush brought far more new voters out according to the exit poll.

Although these numbers are pretty bizarre, since I notice that 2% of Gore supporters claim they would have voted for Bush if only Gore and Bush had been on the ballot. I guess they were voting strategically to prevent a Nader Presidency :)

-- Nathan Newman

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at epinet.org>

Fun fact, from this link below:

% of sample who voted for Nader who, in 1996, voted for Clinton: .92

% who voted for Dole, Perot, 'Other,' or did not vote: 1.42

mbs

On the question of how Nader voters would have voted in a 2-person race, and lots of other things besides, see the MSNBC presidential exit poll page, <http://www.msnbc.com/m/d2k/g/polls.asp?office=P&state=N1>.

Doug