Summary of Nader analysis

jan carowan jancarowan at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 14:09:30 PST 2000

Why isn't anyone asking for the head of Ms. Barbara Ehrenreich, the NYT editorialist in favor of Mr. Nader?

She uses her leftist authority bestowed on her by the several leftist publications which have featured her writings to divert in practical terms the vote to Mr Bush?

She has implicated every journal which has used her and which she has used for her jejune leftism in the victory of Mr Bush, whose irrationalism, coupled with a pliant Congress, suggests the darkest times ahead for this country.

If she had made an argument for abstention on the basis of the development of extra parliamentary opposition, she would have been on strong ground. But by encouraging participation in the electoral system as way of making progressive change--vote for my xenophobic nationalist man Nader--she implicitly serves to legitimize its results. And in this case she has done much harm in guaranteeing the that results are a setback for humanity.

In my opinion, Ms Ehrenreich should never be allowed top billing in a leftist magazine.

With warm greetings, Jan