election demographics

Seth Ackerman SAckerman at FAIR.org
Thu Nov 9 18:16:57 PST 2000

> ----------

Ladies and gentlemen, please excuse the above statement about the media. Brad spent the campaign reading the papers from Neptune and watching TV stations broadcasting from the lost continent of Atlantis. His analysis of the media refers strictly to those news outlets.

Here on earth, Nader got a grand total of 4 network TV stories over the entire duration of the campaign, until the last two weeks, when there were a spate of stories about how he would be a "spoiler" and a "wasted vote" -- many of which stories were sourced entirely to the Gore campaign without quoting a single pro-Nader source.

I would venture to guess that at least 80% of voters did not see more than a single TV news story about Nader. Probably 95% didn't see a single story about Nader that talked about his ideas.

Nader was the subject of no less than three New York Times editorials condemning him in language far more heated than what the mealy-mouthed Times reserves for Balkan war criminals and Iraqi dictators.

But I'm sure he got a free ride in the pages of Brad's local Bizzaroland Herald-Tribune.

Seth