Summary of Nader analysis

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Thu Nov 9 20:32:37 PST 2000

On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Eric Beck wrote:

> It's probably true that Gore's defeat, if it is one, is on
> the Dems, but the optimistic part of me wants to agree with
> what Carrol wrote yesterday: "Let's not argue or apologize.
> Let's accept the credit. The left defeated Gore. Hurrah!" I
> know that was one of the main reasons I pulled the lever for
> Nader in the end.

Well shit yes. The *worst* that can happen now is one flavor of gridlock vs. another! There's no way with a 50/50 Congress that Bush will get anything really facsist through, and that includes judges. Christ, the Repugs have managed to hold off something like 2/3 of the judges that Clinton has tried to appoint, I see no reason why this can't go on for 4 more years during a Shrubya presidency.

Joseph Noonan Houston, TX jfn1 at msc.com

If the government doesn't like the people, why doesn't it dissolve them and elect a new people? --Brecht