Nader cost himself federal funds

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Sat Nov 11 00:00:32 PST 2000

NN>>So I continue to be bemused that my strategic criticisms of Nader evoke such strong defensiveness (and occasional offensiveness) by Nader supporters. Any movement whose candidate failed at his stated goal, in this case the 5% threshhold, should be able to engage in a discussion of the strategic shortcomings of the campaign.

-- Nathan Newman *********

Your Pareto-ish desire for pre-election synergy with the Naderites is cool as far as it goes but was simply unachievable for a host of reasons that defy resolution. And Nader and his cadres did make blunders; however I would note that the 5% would have been achievable if not for the Republicrats TOTALLY OUTRAGEOUS stranglehold of the "debates". That was far more damaging to Nader's campaign than any internally generated campaign errors. I've yet to see an apology from any of the fuckers who hijacked the communications complex and engaged in a blatant form of CENSORSHIP. So, once again we're forced to call in the lawyers to handle the adolescent crap of people who spend toooo much money on suits, perfume and Beamers in alleviating their fears of death and social change.

Non-reductive, multicausal analyses please,

Ian