Ralph's Comet

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at oregon.uoregon.edu
Sat Nov 11 18:18:52 PST 2000

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> "democracy" is the laughingstock of the world. The next chief
> executive of the world bourgeoisie will reek of illegitimacy. What
> more could you ask for? And to think - we have Nader (in part) to
> thank for this wonderful outcome.

He should get a medal or something. Think of it: Nader took on GM, the powerhouse monster multi of the 1960s, and unleashed the can of Whoop Ass on those sorry bastards. And now those 92K votes for Nader in the Sunshine State have sparked the biggest political crisis in this country since Watergate, ripping an Everglades-sized hole in the armor of the one-party state. Truly, these are wondrous times!

-- Dennis