economic stats (as if people mattered)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 19:24:00 PST 2000

>As to my eyeglasses a la Trotsky - they did not offer much help in Mexico
>City, with or without them I wqas still ag ringo. Perhaps because most
>people there do not remember who Trotsky was. The only people I met at the
>Casa Leo Trotsky were American tourists.

At a family meeting at my kid's (atheist) humanist synagogue religious school, we played a game: we were supposed to bring the names of a couple of famous Jews, choose ten clues that identified each, and everyone was supposed to guess who based on the clues. Most people picked sports and entertainment figures. We of course picked political ones: Trotsky and Emma Goldman. Trotsky, they guessed. No one had heard of Emma Goldman. --jks _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.