Alterman: Left in Shambles

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Nov 14 07:25:32 PST 2000

Gar Lipow wrote:

> Art McGee, my friend, you give this Jan guy way too much credit.
> First as to to your idiot alert: Jan is no ordinary idiot. He is an
> insane idiot -[clip]
>
> As you can see, he has managed to mildly irritate me...

I filter out his posts, so he doesn't bother me. But I gather he has become offensively racist I suggest total ostracism -- As Gar says he is no chew toy, and satirists have always noted that there is a certain depth of obnoxiousness which pulls the fangs on interesting satire.

As a matter of fact, Alterman seems to fall beneath that line. Who breaks a butterfly upon a wheel?

Carrol