Chucking the electoral college

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Nov 14 08:57:01 PST 2000

At 11:34 AM 11/14/00 -0500, you wrote:
>kelley wrote:
>
>>work with and radicalize "the struggles and wishes of the age..."
>
>I'm all for that, but to do that you've got to confront the deliberately
>antidemocratic structure of U.S. government, something most liberals and
>leftists refuse to do.
>
>Doug

well, the best i got for now is to work at the local level. i'm convinced that large scale, coordinated social movements are not realistic right now, but it's coming. as individuals we can only do so much. you can reach people with the newsletter, books, etc. i can work on the local "neighborhood watch" which is, around here, about the closest we've got to community oversight of the police. there i can raise questions, etc.

it's basically like max realizing that the green party and the movement behind that is where it's at, too. put his efforts, whatever his talents and skills are, toward that.

no blueprints from me...

kelley