Advantage Bush?

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Nov 14 10:12:44 PST 2000

At 11:46 AM 11/14/00 -0600, you wrote:
>so you disagree, i take it, with those talking heads and party hacks who
>claim that one side will have to fold up its tent within the week, with or
>without a hand-count resolution?
>
>it does seem there would be an enormous political cost associated with going
>on past that point, if only because the conventional wisdom on the subject
>is so pervasive as to ensure a public backlash.

point out that it's all in the hands of a brat blue blood who's been living off the largesse of the state of florida while she mans a puff position as secretary of state (salon.com)

whip up public protest.

people are pissed. my reading of public sentiment is that they don't like legal formalities and petty party politics standing in the way of "their vote counting damn it". what's worse is the technology issue, which so many people feel vulnerable too.

if played right, there needn't be a public backlash at all. it would have to be carefully played though so as to not look like the rabble are roused. no, just the "decent" people.

frankly, i think the judge's ruling that was just announced left enough of a loophole to be able to test the political winds before they make an irrevocable decision and find themselves searching in vain for a jar of vasoline.

kelley