Fwd: Stay Free! | November 14

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Nov 14 17:58:06 PST 2000

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:57:56 -0400 From: Carrie McLaren <carrie at stayfreemagazine.org> Subject: Stay Free! | November 14

After months of slacking off, I've redesigned the website: http://www.stayfreemagazine.org Thanks to Mr. Charles Branstool for helping make it happen. Still nothing up from the new issue, but I added a couple items from issue #16 that had fallen through the cracks:

"Saving Community Gardens" Quality advice from NYC's garden militia http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/16/garden.html

Bob Boster interviews a "furry." Furries are, in Bob's words, "fans of all things anthropormorphic." http://www.stayfreemagazine.org/16/furry.html

ELSEWHERE

"Renaming The Mixing Bowl for Cuisinart?" http://washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14419-2000Nov13.html Under a plan proposed today, roads and Metro stations in Northern Virginia would be named after corporate sponsors. ( Heads up, Virginians! Call your city officials and weigh in on the matter. The Virginia Department of Transportation would be a good place to start.)

New York state residents can signup to block telemarketing calls: https://www.consumer.state.ny.us/prereg.htm

More ad creep: ads on fans in (primarily African American) churches http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/317/metro/Cool_ads+.shtml

If you are reeeeeeally bored, you can vote for STAY FREE! in the Utne Reader awards: http://www.utne.com/apa

On a personal note, as some of you may know, I quit my day job a couple of weeks ago. If anyone knows of any part-time/short-term graphic design work in NYC (Quark, Photoshop, HTML are my main tools), let me know.

carrie