Media is Bizarre on Bush-Gore Race

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 16 07:27:00 PST 2000

It's hard to see how the Supremes would get to decide. The only federal case I am aware of is an equal protection challenge to hand recounting in some conties but not others. The district judge quite properly threw that out--it's skam dunk. The 11C is conservative, but in the ordinary course that should make them more likely to reject a no-good equal protection challenge. I doubt whether the Supremes would take the case iff the 11C did what it's supposed it. If it doesn't, that is, if the 11C reverses the ditrict court, the S.Ct probably would take it, but only to reverse. --jks