electoral college follies

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Nov 17 01:25:42 PST 2000

>If you're not into cycling most of that won't mean too much.

And you thought gun nuts were fetishists! (Jordan Hayes) ----------

Now Jordan, I didn't say a word about you and Kelley nursing your pistols in all those warm wet places.

However, the real problem with guns, say the latest Beretta in brushed satin stainless is you can't really do much with them. I mean shooting the right people is okay, but it's hard to work up much passion for it. It is ultimately a rather cold sport.

There is a certain look and feel thing going on with pistols, but hey, my dual pivot front brake caliper has better styling. As for technology, I'll match the feel of the rear hub and cassette with anything in guns. Rotating the empty spline in your hand feels like turning the knob on a precision safe, click, click, click. Take the lowly rear cluster. The Record rear sprocket features titainium rings with larger gears suspended on a titainium open lattice and machined spline. The teeth are side milled in little half moons to smooth the shifting. The Pro-Fit Plus pedals, look like some kind of alien technology. If you want to see what I am talking about go here and take a look:

http://www.campagnolo.com/img/p_grurec_big.jpg

See, you got me all worked up again. It's 1:15a and I can't sleep again tonight. This shit has to stop.

Carlo