Female Convict "Scorpion" -- Jailhouse 41 (was Re: Must-See Movies...)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat Nov 18 10:54:05 PST 2000

>Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>>Disagree about "G.I. Jane" though -- unless you include it as kitsch.
>
>But Demi looks great, and when she screams "suck my dick!" at her
>instructor, to the applause of her comrades, well, that's just a
>great cinematic moment, don't you agree?
>
>Doug

You ain't seen nothing yet until you see *Female Convict "Scorpion" -- Jailhouse 41 [Joshu Sasori -- Dai 41 Zakkyobo]* (dir. Shunya Ito, 1972), starring the ice goddess Meiko Kaji. Perhaps the most feminist & certainly the most stirring prison-break & female rampage movie ever made! In the course of escape, female prisoners (all of whom erstwhile victims of sexism) punish & murder prison guards, cops, & salarymen on vacation who drunkenly boast of having raped Chinese women at gunpoint during World War II. A spectacular left-wing mayhem!

Lesbian sex scenes and all, now available with English subtitles.

Yoshie