White Men & Freedom Essential to Capitalism

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Tue Nov 21 19:09:53 PST 2000

Christopher B. Hajib-Niles:
> where do you see this happening? and again, i don't see
> racism, whatever that is, as the problem but so-called whites.
> to put it another way, if we wage an aggressive battle against
> 'racism' but still have white folks around, we may have altered,
> perhaps for the better, some of the apparent aspects of racial
> degradation but fundamentally, we will have changed nothing.
> what folks call 'racism' (what i think is much more precisely
> referred to as whiteness) stems from the existance of a social
> construct called the 'white race' which is in turn rooted in
> a very primitive, racialization of humanity. if one wants to
> destroy 'racism' one must destroy the white race. ...

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say one must get the White race to abolish or deconstitute itself as a race, since hopefully one does not wish to actually abolish the constituents of the White race and in any case there is no external force which can be brought to bear on the White race to get it to abolish itself one way or the other.

In order to bring about or even encourage this abolition, it would be necessary to understand how what I'll call White-racism functions positively in the lives of its adherents, so that whatever it does for them can be replaced, assuaged, or accounted for in some way. The White-race person needs to see how his or her life would be better without the construction of the White race. (Not more moral or meritorious; _better_.)

The problem, then, is similar to the more superficial problem of gun fetishism (positive or negative): you can't deal with it until you understand what it does for people. And I don't think you can do this purely as an exercise in literary or cultural criticism. I think some kind of science is going to be needed, like actually talking to the constituents of the White race (or the gun fetishists) and finding out what's on their minds. An unpleasant task, maybe, but effective subversion requires knowledge of the subvertee. It's not enough to enjoy feeling superior to these people.