A mocking look at the social sciences

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 22 10:32:27 PST 2000

kelley wrote:

>From today's (11/22/00) online Chronicle of Higher Education
>
>MAGAZINES & JOURNALS
>A glance at the November 27 issue of "Forbes":
>A mocking look at the social sciences
>
>Dan Seligman

...a real asshole. He used to have a column in Fortune, but I guess he proved too reactionary for the heirs of Luce. A favorite theme was racial patterns in inherited intelligence - Asians smartest, Jews next, etc.

I think he was the guy who claimed that the orange juice futures market was better at forecasting the weather than meterologists, too.

Doug