From the gummint-bashing dept

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 22 14:18:07 PST 2000

>In short, cars were the main vehicle for introducing the police state and
>suspending the constitution - yet nobody bitched about that. Au contraire,
>car has been the synonym of the Amerikun freedom. So what is all that fuss
>about cameras?
>
>wojtek

Actually, Justice Scalia has been very good on these questions as they come before the SC, and in one case (based on the actions of the Indiana State Police) he termed them "police state" measures. Scalia: bad on choice; bad on affirmative action; very good on 4th Amendment issues. Gore/Lieberman: ok on choice (this week); so-so to bad on affirmative action; really bad on 4th Amendment issues. Who are we supposed to fear again?

DP