Independent on latest election turn

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Nov 22 18:30:45 PST 2000

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa & Ian Murray" <seamus at accessone.com> To: "Lbo-Talk at Lists. Panix. Com" <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>

[If this is heading for the Supremes, aren't they obliged to recuse -themselves due to the impossibility of "neutrality", or are we to believe -their party loyalties will have nothing to due with their "reasoning"?]

I will be shocked if Rehnquist et al rule for Bush on this case. I suspect their conservative judicial loyalties against federal judges investigating voting rights abuses will trump their conservative partisan loyalties.

This is probably good for Gore, since it will likely lead to the Supreme Court de facto upholding the legitimacy of what the Florida Supreme Court did.

-- Nathan Newman