Addiction, Advertising, & Easy Virtue (was Re: How far do we go?)

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Thu Nov 23 05:35:31 PST 2000

On Wed, 22 Nov 2000, Doug Henwood wrote:

> The U.S., where cigarettes are relatively cheap

Where cigarettes used to be relatively cheap, you mean. You know they're $4.50 pack now in New York? It's been 10 years since I've smoked, and when I picked up a pack for a friend last month I thought I'd misheard. He said he can get Camels cheaper in Berlin, which is quite a change from years gone by. I guess those settlements had an effect.

Michael