Porn Politics (was Porn Aesthetics)

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Fri Nov 24 07:36:29 PST 2000

>There are far more reactionary media than mass produced porn, and the
>worst is news programs, educational programs, etc. Like CNN, the New
>York Times, etc.
>
>Remember "Operation Desert Storm" was sold as entertainment TV & then video.
>
>Yoshie

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I've made this point to a number of frustrated antipornos who see some forms as sex (or sex represented) as equal to, if not worse than, violence, or violence represented, though in Desert Storm, it was both, the Money Shot being, I suppose, the Scuds hitting buildings; the Group Scene and Climax being the Turkey Shoot in the desert. Own it today!

DP