renouncing whiteness

cleanbyrd 1 cleanbyrd at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 24 08:47:28 PST 2000

in my time as an anti-white agitator, i've seen white folks substitute or confuse condemnation of thier membership in the white race in various social situations for condemnation of the white race as a political act (mind you, most of these people are otherwise political white folk). when i try to point out the difference--some listen, most pretend like they don't hear what i'm saying, and a few become a little hostile.

What is the difference between acknowledging white privilage and renouncing the white race? Is renouncing the white race simply going a step further than acknowledging white privilage, or is this something entirely different?

>what is to be done? for starters, i would be very, very happy if, say, many
>white anti-globalization kids in the u.s. would start publically attacking
>the white race as the most profoundly destructive historical and social
>force over the last 400-plus years and as the the most effective 'binding
>agent' for the capitalist system during that time. i would also be very
>happy if those young white kids acknowledged that they themselves reproduce
>the white race daily and made an explicit and strategically detailed
>committment to liberate themselves--as an essential part of their
>anti-authoritarian struggles--from the prison of the white race so that
>they might work in deeeper solidarity with other people as members of the
>human race.

What happens to the individual identity of a white kid when he denounces his race? Does it transform from white to human then?

This topic is important to me. I have been attending an American literature course which deals with race, and one of our goals is to continue developing a language which can be used to discuss race.

Jennifer Young

_____________________________________________________________________________________ Get more from the Web. FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com