renouncing whiteness

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Nov 24 12:06:59 PST 2000

What happens to the individual identity of a white kid when he denounces his race? Does it transform from white to human then?

This topic is important to me. I have been attending an American literature course which deals with race, and one of our goals is to continue developing a language which can be used to discuss race.

Jennifer Young

For the sake of argument would either Chris or Jennifer like to explain just precisely how one goes about renouncing whiteness. Is there a prayer or chant or something--maybe burn some incense?

Pretend I am a stupid white guy and don't get it. I just asked my buddy Larry how do indians see this. Larry says, they are the same, just mirror each other. The white man envies the black man's penis and the black man envies the white man's woman. That's it.

For anyone who wants to respond to Larry's theory, he says e-mail him at: axmachine at aol.com. He takes Visa and Mastercard for Medicine man charges--sorry no Medical or Medicare. [He's been in a bad mood all week because of Thanksgiving]

Chuck Grimes