Porn Politics (was Porn Aesthetics)

Uday Mohan udaym at igc.org
Fri Nov 24 15:33:07 PST 2000

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin wrote:
> Well, Uday, you said a "mouthful." Clearly you find ...

Dennis, thanks for elaborating. I agree that there's stuff out there that's more than just a one-sided "jizz-flecked wank fest" (in Alexander Cockburn's phrase). I also agree that women enjoy many of the things depicted in porn. My point was that the way these things are shown in much porn is relentlessly demeaning, as if it's the man's right and privilege to do these things. I'll check out Strossen's book, though the title seems rather thoughtless.

Uday