Porn Politics (was Porn Aesthetics)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Fri Nov 24 15:44:13 PST 2000

>kelley wrote:
>> um, oh my, people--men and women both--actually like anal sex, yes? you
>> know, of course, that women have anal sex, too, yes? and what is bad about
>> semen on the face or any other body part for that matter? does that fact
>> mean that a woman didn't come also?
>
>Yes, of course many men and women like anal sex and of course there is
>nothing necessarily bad about semen on the face. I was talking about how
>all this functions in the context of porn (see my most recent reply to
>Dennis).
>
>Uday

One genre of porn (though not all genres of it) does exploit the concept of shame: a "Good Girl in a Compromised Position"; an "Innocent Pretty Schoolgirl Violated by an Evil Ugly Man"; etc. (Why the male viewer would want to take the place of the Evil Ugly Man -- as opposed to a Good Handsome Man -- vicariously is an interesting question.) Perhaps this genre will disappear when the majority of people in the world cease to associate sex & sexuality with guilt & shame.

Yoshie