Signals

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Nov 26 13:03:37 PST 2000

At 01:55 PM 11/26/00 -0500, Uday Mohan wrote:
>Tom Lehman wrote:
> >
> > I can usually tell when the equity market is about to tank by the number
> > of silly sexual and racial discussion threads going on LBO talk. Has
> > anyone else noticed this LBO market signal?
>
>I have! I have!

and there you have it. after more than two years, folks still don't get what doug meant byhis introduction to this list:

"I hope this list will be a forum for speaking across intellectual and social boundaries that have divided the left, such as it is, for too long. Among these oppositions I'd like to see worked through are ones like class/identity, cultural politics/"real" politics, Marxism/postmodernism, universal/particularist, activism/theory, economics/culture, nature/labor; nature/culture, and labor/culture."