Carrol's Pain (was: Addiction, Advertising, & Easy Virtue)

Nancy Bauer/Dennis Perrin bauerperrin at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 26 16:58:19 PST 2000

>As far as I can tell, the central meaning of "sense of humor" is "Don't
>let the other person's pain bother you so much."
>
>Carrol

Yes. That is EXACTLY what that means. Dance on the bodies of the raped and slaughtered, for your critique will be otherwise ignored. Laugh at the powerless -- isn't that why they exist?

Now, let us return to our sullen states, where virtue reigns, and serious criticism may flourish sans the sneers of the less enlightened.

DP