The Language of Betrayal

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Nov 27 19:08:45 PST 2000

From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at epinet.org> " . . . Wow, progressive struggles are irrelevant. An amazing writeoff of billions of dollars of organizing by unions, civil rights and womens organizations. . . . "

mbs: Aarrghhh. And you wonder why you are irritating.

NN: And you wonder why I find the LBO denigration of the progressive movements so irritating.

You know damn well I never said anything like what is in the first three lines of this post. I have denigrated no progressive movement, unless you call the AFL & Co.'s get out the vote effort for Al Gore such a movement.

If someone says X is an important factor in the economic boom, and I see no evidence for such a statement, pointing this out does mean I am "denigrating" X.

I despair of rational dialogue with you. You argue like Louis, but his jokes are funnier.

mbs